Joshua teases 'mega-card' of Wilder bout with Fury vs Usyk

 



Anthony Joshua told Sky Sports: "If they get this undisputed fight on [Usyk vs Fury], which has been looming for a while, word on the street is that it's supposed to be the undisputed fighters and the

n the undercard is supposed to be a big, lively one with me and Wilder"


In a huge boxing event that would also feature Tyson Fury's undisputed heavyweight bout against Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia, Anthony Joshua said he could take on Deontay Wilder.


Joshua claimed his next fight will likely be in December in London, at either the O2 or Wembley Arena. He also hinted that the tantalizing mega-contest may happen as early as March.

On Saturday, Fury will return to action against former UFC heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou. A agreement to meet Usyk in Saudi Arabia, where the winner will be declared the first undisputed heavyweight champion of the four-belt era, has already been reached.


Prior to Sunday's United States Grand Prix, Anthony Joshua, 34, said in an interview with Sky Sports in Austin: "If they get this undisputed fight on [Usyk vs Fury], which has been looming for a while, word on the street is that it's supposed to be the undisputed fighters, and then the undercard is supposed to be a big, lively one with me and Wilder.

Following two defeats to Usyk, Joshua got back on track for a future meeting with former WBC belt-holder Wilder by knocking out Finnish fighter Robert Helenius in the seventh round at London's O2 Arena in August.

When asked by Sky Sports as to whether he has plans to face Fury in the future, Joshua said: "I'll be honest, for me personally I'm here for the fans, and I know what they want, and my job is to deliver.


"I will 100 per cent do my end of the bargain, it's up to the other team [Tyson Fury's] to play ball.

"One step at a time. December I want to get out, April [vs Wilder] I need to be victorious, and then we can talk about the big fight in the future."

Post a Comment

0 Comments