Janibek: Are you avoiding me, Eubank Jr.? "I want names like Canelo," you say.


 Janibek: Are you avoiding me, Eubank Jr.? "I want names like Canelo," you say.



Janibek Alimkhanuly reveals he has more "respect" for rival champion Vincenzo Gualtieri and thinks Chris Eub

ank Jr. might be "running" away from a world title match.


Sunday morning's early morning middleweight unification fight between WBO king Alimkhanuly and IBF champion Vincenzo Gualtieri in Texas

The WBO's top challenger for Alimkhanuly, who has held the belt since August 2022, is Eubank Jr., who defeated Liam Smith in a rematch. However, the powerful Kazakh has questioned whether the British challenger will take on him.

Alimkhanuly stated, "I don't think Eubank Jr. is a good boxer.

"If he's running from me, it means he's in a lower position than Gualtieri, because he's a champion and he came to fight with me."I therefore have greater regard for my rival.




"But if fighters are running from me, it means they are in a lower position."


Alimkhanuly insists he is not concerned why potential opponents could be reluctant to accept a fight, but intends to 'do damage' at middleweight before stepping up in weight to pursue a big name such as Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez.

"The question has to go to all of the opponents who turned me down and who do not want to come to the ring," he said.


"I am just a fighter. I want to make a history for [his nickname] 'Qazaq Style'.


"I just wanted to become one of the best at what they do.


"I don't have any pressure.


"I feel strong. I feel that I have everything that it takes to do here.


"And my goal is to take all four titles in the middleweight division to be undisputed and then I wanted to go into one weight class up and do some damages there as well.


"I would like to go into different weight classes, maybe even up to four different weight classes. It's important for me to fight good names like Canelo [Alvarez], [David] Benavidez, the guys in the bigger weight classes."

Gualtieri has racked up 21 victories, with a solitary draw as the only blemish on his record, but Alimkhanuly expects to break the German's resistance inside 12 rounds.


"We studied my opponent very well", said Alimkhanuly.


"He changes his style - he goes to southpaw then he turns orthodox, he's running a lot, but I didn't see anything that surprised me.


"All of his parts are weak parts.


"Of course, we're going to try to find the knock-out.


"I'm going to come in and I'm going to try to show everything that I can and everything that they want.


"It's not a pleasant thing when you train for two months and then you come in the ring and you cannot show what you are capable of.


"I'm thinking this fight is not going to go 12 rounds."


Post a Comment

0 Comments