Artingstall crushes Bradford





 On the undercard of the Mikael Lawal-Isaac Chamberlain fight, Karriss Artingstall defeats former world title challenger Vanessa Bradford, and brave Joe Laws defeats Michael Hennessy; Watch the live British and Commonwealth cruiserweight title fight between Lawal and Chamberlain on Sky Sports Arena.


Karriss Artingstall was at her most lethal against the best opponent she had yet to meet in her professional career, stopping Vanessa Bradford at York Hall in Bethnal Green.


Bradford has competed against Mikaela Mayer, Alycia Baumgardner, and has made a world title challenge to Hyun Mi Choi.


The 39-year-old Canadian battled those skilled fighters to the last end, but after two rounds against a cunning Artingstall, Bradford was defeated by her corner.

It was the first stoppage defeat of Bradford's career.


Tokyo Olympic bronze medallist Artingstall stamped her authority on the first round. Her southpaw left struck Bradford fully on the nose, and the cross sent the Canadian bouncing along the canvas on the seat of her shorts.



That was an invitation for Artingstall to tee off on her opponent, which she duly took. She pinged punches into Bradford, moving easily on her feet and in the break after the second round the Canadian's corner pulled her out of the bout.

With her work in those two rounds, Artingstall sent a message to the rest of the featherweight division.


"They can't show me anything that I haven't seen before," the former Team GB star said afterwards.


"I feel like I was happy going into the ring today, I felt calm and relaxed and that's when you'll see the best of my boxing," she explained. "I'm better when I'm on my jab and timing everything correctly.


"I've been doing a bit of pressure training up at GB and it's how you can react under the nerves when they kick in. I've got a great team around me."



Post a Comment

0 Comments