Callum McGregor signs new five-year bargain at Celtic




Captain Callum McGregor has marked another five-year contract with Celtic.




The 30-year-old Scotland midfielder has been with the Scottish heroes since the age of nine and made his presentation in July 2014.He has scored 62 objectives in 420 games and dominated 20 prizes with the club, including five homegrown high pitches.




"He's the heartbeat of this group," said chief Brendan Rodgers, who added it was "additional exceptional to have an individual of that quality as commander".




Rodgers considered McGregor an "uplifting player - that is underestimated hugely".




He said: "It's not actually until you work with Callum that you truly perceive the characteristics that he has, first and foremost as a player since that is the need, to foster him as a footballer, yet in addition as an individual since he's an extraordinary man, and it's been perfect to see that turn of events, from the time I was first with him and presently returning four years after the fact and seeing him develop significantly more.




"He's a truly caring pioneer and for me to have somebody lead the group like that and be my mentor on the field, it's an incredible honor to work with him."




McGregor assumed control over the captaincy in 2021 following the takeoff of Scott Brown and has driven Celtic to five prizes.




"It's astonishing to expand my visit," he told the club site. "This club implies such a great amount to me and the achievement that we've had over the beyond couple of seasons has solidified that.




"I'm gigantically glad for what I've accomplished at this club up to this point.




"They've given me an unfathomable stage to find success and my obligation is to give without question, everything for this club and give my very best for make it effective.




"I feel like the club's in an extraordinary spot to push ahead too. I'm glad that the supervisor's back, I'm happy that I will be here long haul too, so here's to a lot more effective years."

Post a Comment

0 Comments