Laws: Following cheesecake and drinks, I'll defeat Hennessy Jr.

 

Joe Laws is prepared to "stuck clean in" after embracing the chance of a last-minute bout against Michael Hennessy Jr. that might revitalize his career.


After being asked to step in as a replacement opponent, Laws acknowledged his pre-fight diet had not been optimum but pledged to produce a thrilling victory over Hennessy Jr. on Saturday.


The Ricky Hatton-inspired Benwell boxer hopes to benefit from his status as the underdog at York Hall.

"I'm not a boxer, I'm a fighter - I'm getting stuck clean in, I wear my heart on my sleeve and I'm getting the win," said Laws.

"Nobody thinks I'm going to win, most of my friends don't think I'm going to win, but I do.


"When I knock him out, that propels me to big fights.




"Of course, I'm the underdog - I've been eating cheesecake and drinking cocktails.

"If you want to drink champagne, you've got to take chances, and that's why I've taken this shot.


"In my head I have nothing to lose and everything to gain."


Laws said inspiring the younger generation in his community was a major driving factor in him taking this fight.


"When I sat down and thought about it, I had to show the kids in my boxing club and in the youth club that sometimes in life nothing is perfect," said Laws.


"And sometimes you have to take your chance - roll that dice.


"So, what would I be to kids if I don't take this chance?

Post a Comment

0 Comments