Marshall: "I'm chasing Shields!" regarding her MMA "adventure"


While Savannah Marshall has inked a contract with the MMA organization PFL, she still plans to compete in boxing in 2019. Marshall will continue to compete against Claressa Shields and will defend her championships against WBC mandatory challenger Shadasia Green.

Although she insists her concentration is on boxing, Savannah Marshall would like to exact retribution on her longtime adversary Claressa Shields in MMA.




Marshall, a resident of Hartlepool, joined Shields in the PFL MMA organization in August after the American had already fought twice there.Even if it extended into a different sport, Marshall would be happy to continue her lengthy competition with Shields.




The American prevailed in their high-profile undisputed middleweight championship match last year, and Marshall will now keep looking for revenge in either mixed martial arts (MMA) or boxing.

"I beat her in the ring when we boxed, and now I'm pursuing her in another sport,"She allegedly said, "I love you even though I hate you." One of them, actually. She must be tired of seeing me at this point, Marshall speculated.Marshall knows she can hold her own in mixed martial arts, but the "Silent Assassin" is also mindful of the dangers that come with trying a new discipline.




It might turn out either way. In a year, I might be sitting here wondering what on earth I did that for, or I might really take to it and rock the PFL world. face that is mangled. You only have one life, she added.

Marshall takes inspiration from some of the world's top mixed martial artists and hopes to emulate the way they switched from boxing to MMA.




"There are quite a few boxers that transitioned over. You had Holly Holm. Obviously, Conor McGregor, his fundamentals were boxing and when you not just watch but actually look and take note you can actually see who's got those boxing fundamentals," she said.

In July Marshall won the WBC, WBA, WBO and IBF super-middleweight titles after a hard-fought victory over Franchon Crews-Dezurn.




After becoming the undisputed champion, Marshall has not lost her love for the sport of boxing and acknowledges, while she'll balance the two, her primary sport will still take precedence.




"I'll be focusing on the boxing when I'm boxing and then when I'm not boxing, I'll be focusing on this full-time," she said.

"Boxing's my main priority. This is just a little adventure."




Marshall must defend her belts against WBC mandatory challenger Shadasia Green otherwise she could potentially be stripped of that title. The Hartlepool fighter has no intention of giving up her crown and is expecting to return to the ring soon.




"I won't be boxing till next year and then I've got mandatories and things like that, so it's all geared around boxing," she said. "So hopefully back in the ring early next year and then potentially the summer."




Post a Comment

0 Comments